The Knight Foundation Fund invests in civic innovators using place to:
- Attract and keep talented people, as there is no better indicator of a city’s economic success than the percentage of college-educated people in its population.
Knight Foundation invests in residents, immigrants, and entrepreneurs as economic growth, job creation, and neighborhood revitalization drivers.
How will your project attract and retain the best and brightest?
- Expand opportunity for all by creating places where people of diverse backgrounds can connect across economic divides and which support the way people work in today’s economy.
Knight Foundation invests in places that are primed to accelerate talent and opportunity.
How will your program expand economic opportunity and break down divides?
- Accelerate Civic Engagement because cities will only succeed when people feel responsible for actively shaping the future of their communities.
Knight Foundation invests in innovation in governance and civic capacity.
How will your program spur connection and civic engagement?
Does Your Project…
- Represent a true innovation?
- Have the ability to be breakthrough or transformative?
- Accelerate learning and the exchange of ideas?
- Have a champion equipped to execute?
- Have a path toward sustainability or completion?
- Promote retention and attraction of talent?
- Enhance opportunity and economic mobility?
- Incorporate opportunities for robust citizenship and/or engagement?
- Result in a change that can be seen or felt in the near term?