Legal-name: Alliance for Housing and Healing
Previous-name: Terry Goddard II
Address: 1043 Elm Avenue
City: Long Beach
Organizational-status: 501 (c) (3)
Officer: Terry Goddard II, Executive Director
ContactName: Jack Lorenz
Title: Director of Development and Communications
Tel-952: 323 344-4880
SecondaryPhone: 310 266-0502
GrantPurpose: To provide basic life necessities such as food and transportation to medical care to the chronically homeless with HIV/AIDS.
Periodoftime: 6 months
Demoofaudience: latino, african american ,lgbtq, those who are living below the poverty line
Numberofserved: 54 individuals @approx. $200 per person per month
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided?: We have been providing additional food and transportation services to medical visits for our existing clients. In order to meet these needs and as a result of reduced door giving and cancelling of a fundraiser the entire staff have reduced their salaries by 50%. These items are only minimally covered in our existing service plans.
2. What disaster recovery service will be provided by this grant?: This grant will allow us to provide food, transportation and emergency mental health services for our most indigent, unstable and high acuity clients. We cannot allow them to fall back into homelessness thereby possibly transmitting the COVID 19 and HIV viruses. We have 171 clients in the City of Long Beach in our group home on Sunrise, our 46 scattered site master leased apartments and those receiving direct financial assistance. 54 of theses clients are very high acuity and should not be leaving their homes other than for medical visits. We normally provide basic food staples that case managers deliver during monthly or weekly visits. We have suspended staff visits except for emergencies in order to keep staff safe. In order to keep these 54 clients healthy, safe and at home we are now providing food delivery and medical transport with Uber Medical to reduce the risk of infecting these very high acuity clients.
3. What organization and or individuals will you assist?: Alliance for Housing and Healing will receive the finding and chronically homeless individuals
with HIV/AIDS living living below the poverty line in the City of Long Beach will be assisted with this grant.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount? : None at this time
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for?: We are in the process of submitting an SBA loan and have grant requests in process for the Annenberg Foundation, the Greene Foundation, Gilead Sciences and the Wells Fargo Foundation.