Coronavirus Relief Grant
Checkbox-571: #1, #2
Legal-name: Long Beach Economic Partnership
Address: 100 W. Broadway, Ste. 120
City: Long Beach
Organizational-status: 501 (c)(3) nonprofit
Officer-title: Board Chairman
Contacttitle: Board Chairman
GrantPurpose: Develop a LBEP program that builds on the current micro-grant program TA as an additional resource to help small businesses develop resiliency by incorporating digital tools (online presence, electronic payments, website marketing, smart phone based-apps, etc.) into their daily business operations.
Periodoftime: 6-12 months
Audienceserved: Primarily ethnic business owners located in predominantly low-income communities (west, north and central LB).
Demoofaudience: Reflects the diversity of the city, age various. Primarily business with LESS than $1MM annual revenue.
District: Districts 6, 7, 9
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided?: Launched Small Business Resiliency Grant program to provide technical assistance “TA” focused on cash management, financial analysis and access to capital resources. preparedness.
2. What additional services, above your standard operations, will be conducted with this grant funding?: Expanding on the above program, provide digital education for businesses with no or limited digital/online presence including: Customer relationship- branding, email lists, social media; Business operations- cashless payments, accounting, etc.; Sales channels- Shopify, Etsy, website. Digital access for small business is fast becoming a critical need for long-term sustainability.
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist?: LBEP partners with a variety of Long Beach “Community-based Organizations” including CentroCHA, United Cambodian Community and CLEI.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount? None. Current small business program currently funded by several financial institutions.
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for?: None.