Legal-name: Long Beach Organic, Inc.
Address: 140 N. Marina Dr.
City: Long Beach
Organizational-status: 501(c)3 nonprofit
Officer: Valerie Condon, President
ContactName: Valerie Condon
GrantPurpose: Provide organic produce to CSULB Food Pantry which serves students enrolled at the university
Periodoftime: six months
Audienceserved: Low income, unemployed, food insecure, youth
Demoofaudience: 18 – 30 years old
District: Long Beach Organic community gardens are located in several districts and our gardeners/volunteers reside across all dis
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? : Long Beach Organic has been providing fresh organic produce to the Long Beach Mission for several years and recently established a partnership with the Food Pantry at CSULB.
2. What disaster recovery service will be provided by this grant? : Long Beach Organic will provide food delivery to university students displaced and unemployed by the COVID19 crisis through delivery of organic produce to the CSULB Food Pantry for distribution.
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist? We will assist students who reside throughout Long Beach who utilize the Food Pantry at CSULB.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount?: none
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for?: An application has been submitted for SBA Emergency, Injury, and Disaster Loan. Approval notification has not been received.