Legal-name: Memorial Medical Center Foundation on behalf of Long Beach Medical Center
Address: 2801 Atlantic Avenue
City: Long Beach
Officer: Sharon Thornton, President
ContactName: Sharon Thornton
Tel-952: (562) 933-2897
GrantPurpose: Memorial Medical Center Foundation, on behalf of Long Beach Medical Center requests financial support to assist with our response activities to provide medical assistance to community members during the COVID-19 health crisis; specifically for a triage tent for our Emergency Department.
Audienceserved: The service area for Long Beach Medical Center includes over 1,059,000 residents from Long Beach and the surrounding communities. We serve patients regardless of their situation.
Demoofaudience: We serve patients of all ages. Residents in our community reflect diverse ethnicities with 47.4% Hispanic, 21.8% White, 12% Asian, 12% African American, and 6.8% are other. In addition, Long Beach has the largest Cambodian community in the United States. Approximately 41.9% live below 200% of the federal poverty level (CHNA 2019).
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided?: Long Beach Medical Center remains available 24/7 to provide care for our community during this time of greatest need. Our physicians, nurses, and other health care staff on the front lines are working around the clock to make sure our patients receive the best care possible during the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. What disaster recovery service will be provided by this grant?: With so many concerned about the availability of health care resources, supporting our efforts to be able to respond to this crisis is critical. We have been implementing many new processes and expanding our capacity in response to the projected surge in patients affected by COVID-19 in the days and weeks ahead.
We respectfully request your support to help us with the expense of a new tent to be used to triage patients as they arrive at the Emergency Department and for overflow. The total cost of the tent is $70,000 to equip and install.
The hospital’s role in our community is more important than ever. We will be deeply grateful for your immediate support at this unprecedented time. Thank you!
3. What organization and or individuals will you assist?: The Memorial Medical Center Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, responsible for the acceptance, receipting, processing, investment, and management of philanthropic gifts designated for Long Beach Medical Center. Our hospital serves all community members who seek medical assistance.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount? : No government support at this time.
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for? We have been requesting individual, corporate and private donations at this time.