Legal-name: The Nonprofit Partnership
Previous-name: Michelle Byerly
Address: 4900 E. Conant St.
City: Long Beach
Organizational-status: 501(c)3 nonprofit
Officer: Michelle Byerly, Executive Director
Annual: $1.6 million
ContactName: Michelle Byerly
Title: Executive Director
Grant-purpose: Nonprofit Capacity Building & Support For COVID-19 Response
Requestedamount: up to $35,000
Periodoftime: 6 months
Audienceserved: nonprofits serving the community
Q1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided?
On March 16, TNP hosted a webinar on Managing Remote Teams with over 200 attendees. The next day, we hosted an Arts Executive Director Affinity Group with 17 organizations, 27 Executive Directors checked-in on a zoom meeting on Friday, and 118 individuals joined a webinar on Financial Sustainability During Uncertain Times, with 180 registered. In the last week alone, we have seen a marked increase in a need to connect from local nonprofits. We have fielded dozens of phone calls, emails and social media inquiries on the need to access the latest news impacting nonprofits. During this time, nonprofits are looking for resources, connection, and guidance, and we are ready to support those needs.
We have planned fund development, social service provider check ins, and other resources in the coming weeks.
2. What disaster recovery service will be provided by this grant? : To help nonprofits navigate through uncertain and constantly changing times, TNP proposes to provide targeted webinars on topics that are updated for the nonprofit community. These topics will be free-of-charge to nonprofits and will be accompanied by relevant materials and templates. We are also connecting with our partners Capacity Building organizations in LA County and Orange County to share these resources. To complement these webinar sessions, nonprofit consultants will be available to provide 1-hour, 1:1 sessions with nonprofit organizations to discuss potential strategies as these relate to Human Resources, strategic planning, fund development and other topics impacting current operations. More importantly, TNP will provide scholarships to those nonprofits struggling with their resources and access to any of the full training sessions scheduled on our training calendar.
Scope of Work
Utilizing TNP’s existing structure for online meetings, network of expert trainers and consultants, and our existing training infrastructure, we propose to provide updated and accessible resources through these strategies:
• Webinars: These 60-90 minute webinars will cover what nonprofits need to do to craft rapid responses to challenges faced in HR, finances, marketing, governance and fundraising among other topics. There will be policy, communications and grant templates developed to complement these webinars. We are planning to hold 10 webinars. Webinars and templates will be provided free of charge.
• 1:1 Coaching: Coaching will be provided to organizations facing crisis moments for 1-hour increments, focusing on identifying relevant and impactful strategies. These sessions will be facilitated by skilled organizational development, fundraising and governance consultants.
• Training tuition scholarships: We are projecting that approximately 20-30 organizations will utilize these partial scholarships (50-90%) to attend half-day, full-day and multi-day training sessions.
• Virtual affinity groups: Virtual support communities where nonprofits convene around topic areas of their interest or their industry. These online convenings of 1 hour will allow nonprofits to exchange ideas and resources among peers. We are projecting a minimum of 6 virtual meetings a month for the next 6 months (March-August 2020).
3. What organization and or individuals will you assist? : Nonprofit organizations
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount?: $2,250 from Josephine S. Gumbiner Foundation for one webinar and to purchase virtual training platform.
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for? : Other regional foundations committed to capacity building have been sent proposal.