Legal-name: Plant Based For All
Address: 460 golden ave.
City: long beach
Officer: Kawani Brown, founder and president
ContactName: kawani brown
Title: founder and president
GrantPurpose: This much needed grant will be used to feed healthy plant based meals to our displaced, food insecure, low income and or unemployed community members in need.
Periodoftime: 6 months
Audienceserved: food insecure, unemployed and low income.
Demoofaudience: zero to no income, all ages and ethnicities
District: We live in and primarily serve District 1 , but if we have the funds, we would like to reach out in all of Long Beach.
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? : We put together and distributed healthy plant based sack lunches for community members on the streets. We used product donations that we received, but do not have any additional resources at this time.
2. What disaster recovery service will be provided by this grant? We would like to distribute meals to those in need. We have been meeting about how we could do this in compliance with the social distancing mandate and keeping everyone safe. We feel it would work best to package the food in to go containers for pick up. We would like to work with one of our local restaurants that have been suffering financially due to covid-19. With the grant, we can pay the restaurant to allow us to prepare and package at their facility. This way, it helps the restaurant financially as well. Once prepared and packaged, we can have tables out front of the facility during certain hours, so that community members can come up and take what they need. Depending on funding, we could do it daily, if we have the resources and staff.
Funding for Plant Based For All comes from events we produce, most of which are in Long Beach. Due to covid-19 all of our events have been cancelled/postponed, so we currently have zero funds for Plant Based For All and have no idea when any will be coming in, because of the uncertainty of when coronavirus will be under control and safe enough for events.
3. What organization and or individuals will you assist? : Displaced, food insecure, unemployed and or low income individuals. Anyone who cannot afford it, but are in need of healthy plant based meals.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount?: None
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for?: None