Legal-name: Priority Care Medical Group
Previous-name: Center for Family Health & Education
Address: 500 West Willow Street
City: Long Beach
Officer: Dr. Daryoush Kashani
ContactName: Steven Sanzo
Title: Chief Administrative Officer
GrantPurpose: Critical health care for low income individuals facing COVID-19.
Periodoftime: Six Months
Audienceserved: low income, elderly, children, disabled, unemployed, homeless, vets
Demoofaudience: 80% Latino, 6% caucasian, 7% African American, 7% Asian
District: District 7
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? Testing, diagnosing, treating, triage for adults and children with COVID-19 cases in our catchment areas. We continue to provide routine and urgent care to frail seniors on-site and have moved all other routine cases to telehealth for patient health and safety.
2. What disaster recovery service will be provided by this grant? Healthcare (testing, diagnosis, treatment, triage) for adults and children in Long Beach with Coronavirus, healthcare for the elderly on site at Priority Medical Clinic and telehealth care for persons needing routine or regular medical care.
3. What organization and or individuals will you assist? : The 3,600 patients we serve at Priority Care Medical Group in Long Beach are 100% low income and many are homeless. 80% speak only Spanish and identify as Latino. 94% identify as something other than Caucasian, and are at high risk for diabetes, cardiac disease, mental health and substance abuse.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount?: $12,000 HRSA
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for?: Parsons: $40,000, HRSA: $120,000, Hoag: $5,000, SCAN: $5,000, Archstone: $25,000