Legal-name: Starjoy Wellness Therapy
Address: 166 La Mesa Ave Unit B
Officer: Laurelin Hefter, OTR/L
ContactName: Laurelin Hefter
GrantPurpose: Funds will be applied to costs supporting occupational therapy services to the public through public school programs.
Periodoftime: 1 year
Audienceserved: low-income, unemployed, homeless, children, youth
Demoofaudience: Public school children
District: District 5
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? The online resources are already created and offered for basic lifeskill development. Skills such as emotional regulation, evidence-based Breathwork, self-care, routine setting and tolerance skills are covered daily via online accessible tools (teletherapy/ telepractice/telehealth).
2. What disaster recovery service will be provided by this grant? : My occupational therapy services serve as a base for our new at-home learners. Students and families start the day virtually with the STARJOY wellness program in their home.This daily program is based on evidence and the occupational therapy framework. The program was implemented from 2017 to present in district 5 with huge functional success in well-being and tolerance outcomes.
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist? : Our public school attendees, students, teachers, staff and parents.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount?: none.
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for? none.