Legal-name: The Rock Club Music Is The Remedy
Address: P O Box 90461
City: LONG BEACH
Organizational-status: 501 c 3
Officer: Frank McIlquham Executive Director
ContactName: Frank McIlquham
Title: Executive Director
GrantPurpose: This complete shift in learning is unprecedented and it led us to create a sense stability to our current members and family and the birth if the Quarantine Singing Circle was created.
Periodoftime: 2 months – April – May 2020
Audienceserved: We run choral/music instrument teaching music programs to Veterans and Seniors throughout Long Beach. Such as Rock For Vets (at the Scottish Rite Theatre), American Gold Star Manor, Barbara and Ray Alpert Jewish Community Center, The Village Jam and drum circle at the Villages at Cabrillo and Engage Vocal Programs at the Arts Colony in Long Beach. Due to the current situation all of our programs have been postponed. We normally teach around 120 people per week and now zero.
Demoofaudience: Long Beach and surrounding Veterans (aged 35 to 70, low income, mixed) and Senior population (aged 50 to 80, low income, housing provided, mixed)
Numberofserved: 800 views per video
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? As we are currently unable to run our 6 weekly, in-person music programs, we have launched a Quarantine Singing Circle video to keep our program participants engaged, entertained and in touch with each other. Many of our participants suffer from PTSD and socialization issues. This helps to maintain some sense of normality for them in this time of uncertainty and the unknown .
2. What disaster recovery service will be provided by this grant? : Our goal is to be able to create additional singing circle videos, from the current 3 per week to an almost daily basis, with a variety of instructors and more lesson plans.
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist? : All of our current members (120) of our programs, supporters, donors and the larger community.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount? : n/a
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for? n/a