Legal-name: We Love Long Beach
Address: 230 St. Joseph Ave
City: Long Beach
Organizational-status: 501(c)(3) Nonprofit
Officer: Scott Jones, Executive Director
ContactName: Scott Jones
Title: Executive Director
GrantPurpose: We are working with local business, the Grand Food & Beverage to provide FREE Grocery Care Boxes to individuals and families experiencing health and financial challenges during this COVID-19 Pandemic.
Periodoftime: 60-90 days minimum
Audienceserved: low income, small business, unemployed, families, elderly, disabled, compromised health, and youth
Demoofaudience: Our effort is for everyone in need who lives in Long Beach.
Numberofserved: 5,000+ residents
District: We are committed and prepared to serve residents in all 9 districts.
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? : Our first project was launched this week in partnership with the Long Beach Health Department to encourage all Long Beach neighbors to connect and support their neighbors to the left and the right of them.
2. What disaster recovery service will be provided by this grant? : We are working with the Grand Food & Beverage to meet the food needs of vulnerable individuals and families affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist? We are partnering with Grand Food and Beverage and over 25 Long Beach Neighborhood Groups.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount?: We have currently raised $2,000 to launch this We Feed LB initiative.
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for?: Nothing else, would love assistance in learning about other grant opportunities.