Legal-name: Youth With a Mission Long Beach
Address: 734 Newport Ave.
City: Long Beach
Organizational-status: 501(c)(3) nonprofit
Officer: Jonathan Pocoroba, President
ContactName: Jonathan Pocoroba
GrantPurpose: To provide food, shelter, and supplies to those experiencing homelessness as well as providing and delivering necessary food and supplies to those that are home-bound.
Periodoftime: 3 months
Audienceserved: low income, unemployed, homeless, food insecure, vets, disabled, youth
Demoofaudience: Age: 25-70 Income: $400-$900 per month
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? : Each week our organization has been collecting donated food and supplies, organizing them into 25-28 boxes and delivering them to individuals in need. These individuals are either home-bound with disabilities or live outside on the streets.
2. What disaster recovery service will be provided by this grant? : With this grant we will be able to provide more food and quarantine supplies to people that are not able to leave home due to their disability, elderly status, or having young children at home. We also hope to provide housing for those that are living outside, at least for this time to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among the homeless population.
3. What organization and or individuals will you assist? : We will assist several low income and home bound individuals that we have been serving over the past 3 years. We also work in partnership with the organization Beacon for Him.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount?: None
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for? : None