Open an Agency Fund held at LBCF
The first step in opening an agency fund is submitting a completed fund agreement/instrument of gift. Scroll down to learn more about agency funds or call us at (562) 435-9033 and let’s discuss opening a fund.
Learn More About Agency Funds
Agency Funds | Algalita Marine Research & Education
"Having the Long Beach Community Foundation manage our endowment ensures that our funds are secure, expands our reach to new donors, and allows us to be immediately ready to receive planned gifts."
~ Terri Buchanan, President
An agency fund can be established by 501c3 nonprofit organizations for the benefit of their own organization and is an effective and efficient way to create stability and financial diversification for the future of your organization.
- An easy and secure online portal so you can view your fund balance 24/7.
- Available option to raise funds through the LBCF website.
- Funds are invested as part of a larger $3 billion portfolio, bringing you economies of scale investment results.
- Quarterly statements show all investment, donation and grant activity.
- Invitations to exclusive Community Foundation events with other donors and local nonprofit grantees.
- Comparable rates and fees to other community foundations.
- Fees charged to support philanthropic grants and programs in the Long Beach community.
*Endowment = Assets invested for the long term to provide a current source of income from the compounded effect of interest, dividends, and capital appreciation. Endowments are designed to last forever since the principal investment is never spent.
- As the dollar amount in the fund increases over the years, so will your available payout.
- Flexibility to create an endowed fund (access to income only), or quasi-endowed fund (access to income and principal).
- No legal liability. The Community Foundation remains in full compliance with state and federal regulations as they relate to grants and contributions.
- Protective oversight of your fund provided on a local and national level.
- Annual “Goodwill” grant (subject to availability).
- Be immediately prepared to receive planned gifts.
- LBCF makes a conscious effort to work with Long Beach-based organizations.
Complete Fund Agreement
Thank you for your interest in an agency fund held at the Long Beach Community Foundation. If you are ready to open a fund or need more information, fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you.