Coronavirus Relief Grant
Legal-name: Andy Street Community Association
Address: 4000 Long Beah Blvd., #305
City: Long Beach
Organizational-status: 501 (c)(3)
Officer-title: Executive Director/President
Contacttitle: CEO, Wiggins Hunter Consulting Group
GrantPurpose: COVID Proofing Black Owned Business
Periodoftime: 6 months
Audienceserved: Black owned small businesses
Demoofaudience: All ages, Black/African African
Numberofserved: 10-15 Businesses
District: Districts 6, 8, 9
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? : As for Andy Street and Wiggins Hunter Consulting Group, neither of our organizations have been provided disaster recovery services or funds.
2. What additional services, above your standard operations, will be conducted with this grant funding?: Wiggins Hunter Consulting Group focuses on cultural and business consulting to the Business Improvement Districts as well as other small business throughout southern California, and is an advocate for community empowerment and education. Andy Street formerly consulted 32 business in the M.I.D. (Multifamily Improvement District), which was the first in its existence in the state of California, and also provides resources to the local community (food pantry, Turkey giveaways, art classes, cooking classes, etc.). Our two combined entities will give business consulting to each of the participants, as well as access to other resources in addition to phase one of our COVID-Proofing plan, as well as a community workshop on COVID (in person or via Zoom).
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist? : Our goal is to assist 10 – 15 Black owned businesses focused on service, particularly COVID – Proofing barbershops, salons, beauty salons, etc. Our main focus is in the Andy Street community of North Long Beach, along the Atlantic Corridor, as well as in 6th and 8th council districts which have a larger population of Black owned businesses
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount? : None as to date.
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for?: Wiggins Hunter Consulting Group applied for the LISC/Verizon business grant, but was not selected.