Coronavirus Relief Grant
Legal-name: Children and Families, Inc.
Address: 1525 Aviation Blvd. #389
City: Redondo Beach
Organizational-status: 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
Officer-title: Executive Director
Contacttitle: Executive Director
GrantPurpose: Build emotional and physical resilience of child care and teaching staff by way of an 8-week, “hands-on,” self-care virtual group.
Periodoftime: 8 weeks (Summer months)
Audienceserved: Open to ANY child care, teaching staff, or caregivers enduring their own trauma triggers and in need of therapeutic support.
Demoofaudience: C & F, Inc. has a speciality in children, prenatal to 5, and at-risk families who have experienced trauma. Target population for the virtual groups is open to adults of any age, of diverse ethnic & cultural groups, and any social economic status. C & F, Inc. is proposing 2 parallel, but similar groups – one English and one Spanish-speaking group.
Numberofserved: 50-100 individuals at a time
District: Open to any Long Beach District with immediate need.
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? : Since April 9, 2020, as a response to COVID19, Children and Families, Inc., has provided weekly psychoeducation and therapeutic support to child care staff coping with their own trauma experience for a large child care program in Long Beach. This valuable virtual meeting acknowledges trauma triggers and promotes “hands on” self-care and building resilience. Primary goals and objectives are to emotionally and physically equip participants as they endure this pandemic as well as prepare them for transition back to working with children.
2. What additional services, above your standard operations, will be conducted with this grant funding?: Children and Families, Inc. staff will be prepared to provide additional list of community resources to any Long Beach resident in need. Self-care mini-bags and Certificates of Completion will be disseminated to active participants of the virtual self-care groups. In addition to the above, staff will be available to schedule virtual consultations or individual play therapy or family support meetings as needed to participants. This funding will allow us to expand in delivering therapeutic intervention to Spanish-speaking participants (affording the opportunity of 2 parallel groups – one in English and one in Spanish).
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist? : Children and Families, Inc. is open to collaborating with any organization serving children under age 5 and needing therapeutic support for child care and teaching staff. Individuals facilitating the 8-week groups are ethnically-diverse and sensitive to the linguistic needs of the Long Beach community.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount?: At present, Children and Families, Inc. has not received disaster recovery funds and has delivered approximately 50% of current professional services in-kind.
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for?: Children and Families, Inc. is currently pursuing additional and related funds from Best Start communities in the Long Beach and South Los Angeles areas where we currently provide mental health services.