Legal-name: Community Action Team (CAT)
Address: 3040 E. First Street
City: Long Beach
Officer: Justin Rudd
ContactName: Justin Rudd
Title: Exec. Dir.
GrantPurpose: To provide toiletries, and school/art supplies to kids/families in need.
Requestedamount: $20,000 (or the max. possible)
Periodoftime: three weeks leading up to Easter
Audienceserved: Low income, and homeless, mostly children
Demoofaudience: All ages and ethnicities, very low income, and homeless
District: Districts 1-9
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? We bought $36,000 in supplies from DollarTree.com and distributed the boxes of supplies to 20 nonprofit agencies over the past three weeks.
Questio2. What disaster recovery service will be provided by this grant? : Since kids are schooled at home, the kids got art supplies and school supplies, such as coloring books, crayons, books, sidewalk chalk, markers, drawing pads, note pads and pencils. Items also included shampoo, body wash, deodorant, razors/shave cream, baby bath/lotion/shampoo , toothbrushes/toothpaste, and some small toys.
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist? : These are the agencies that got the products:
• AIDS Food Store
• A Future Superhero, Yuri Williams
• Aloha Elementary School
• Boys and Girls Clubs of Long Beach
• CA Families in Focus
• Children’s Bureau/All for Kids
• Christian Outreach in Action
• HOPE Foundation
• Let Us Inc.!
• Long Beach Rescue Mission
• Love Beyond Limits – Long Beach
• Miller Children’s Hospital – Welcome Baby Program
• New Image
• Operation Jump Start
• Prep Ed
• Tichenor Clinic for Children
• Washington Middle School
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount?: none
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for?: none