Coronavirus Relief Grant
Checkbox-571: #1, #4, #5
Legal-name: Leadership Long Beach
Address: 638 Alamitos Ave
City: Long Beach
Organizational-status: 501 (c)(3)
Officer-title: Executive Director
Contacttitle: Executive Director
GrantPurpose: The purpose of this grant is to support a new project, Long Beach Leaders Deliver, designed to provide basic human needs to those affected by the COVID-19 virus.
Periodoftime: 3 month period from May 1 – July 31, 2020
Audienceserved: The Long Beach Leaders Deliver project will serve local small businesses, local nonprofits, hospital employees, the homeless and all other members of the Long Beach community that require basic human needs as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Demoofaudience: The demographic of the audience to be served by Long Beach Leaders Deliver is designed to include all ages and ethnicities that are lacking basic human needs. Those individuals and families that are in the low-income bracket will be given priority.
Numberofserved: The Long Beach Leaders Deliver project has expectations that the number of individuals to be served will be in the hundreds, potentially thousands.
District: All nine districts in Long Beach will be able to benefit from the Long Beach Leaders Deliver project.
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? : Long Beach Leaders Deliver is a brand-new project implemented by community leaders that are or have been members of the Leadership Long Beach Institute (LLBI) and current members of the LLBI Youth Leadership Program. Long Beach Leaders Deliver has not yet provided any disaster recovery service.
2. What additional services, above your standard operations, will be conducted with this grant funding?: The services that will be conducted with this grant funding will include purchasing food and gift cards from restaurants, grocery stores, farmers’ markets and catering companies that are local to the Greater Long Beach area. Items such as toiletries, face masks, baby wipes, etc. will also be purchased from local businesses. All purchased items will then be transported to selected Long Beach Community Partners that are equipped to distribute these basic human necessities to Long Beach residents who are critically impacted by the COVID-19 virus.
The services being provided by Long Beach Leaders Deliver are designed to help stimulate the economy by purchasing items from these businesses and to ensure these items are being distributed to those who are most in need.
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist? : Long Beach Leaders Deliver will be working to generate revenue for local restaurants, grocery stores, farmers’ markets and catering businesses that have been negatively impacted as a direct result of the COVID-19 virus.
Long Beach Leaders Deliver will be partnering with the following local nonprofit organizations by supplying them with the food and toiletry items procured from local businesses: The MAYE Center, Long Beach Community Table, Long Beach Unified School District that is servicing three local shelters and the Long Beach AIDS Food Store. Long Beach Leaders Deliver will also be providing precooked meals to distribute to the staff of St Mary Medical Center and Long Beach Memorial Hospital.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount? Long Beach Leaders Deliver has not received any disaster recovery funds to date.
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for?: The Long Beach Disaster Relief Fund Grant from the Long Beach Community Foundation is the first application for funding that Long Beach Delivers has completed.