Legal-name: Long Beach Branch NAACP in Conjunction with Long Beach Central Area Association
Address: P.O. Box 1594
City: Long Beach
Organizational-status: 501(c)(3) nonprofit
Officer: Naomi Rainey Pierson, President
Annual: $200,000 plus donated and in-kind services
ContactName: Naomi Rainey
GrantPurpose: To provide educational support, COVID19 Supplies (masks), to serve as an information resource center, to provide virtual tutorial services and conduct social media dialogue with the African-American , youth & adult community of Long Beach regarding the Coronavirus.
Periodoftime: May 15 – June, July 15.
Audienceserved: Low income, elderly, children, veterans and youth.
Demoofaudience: Ages 4 and above. Targeting African-American and will network with other groups of color (Cambodian, Filipino)
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? : We have provided masks for senior citizens, low income people throughout the city, providing limited education virtual support tutorial service for students
2. What additional services, above your standard operations, will be conducted with this grant funding?: Education support for families, virtual tutorial service for underrepresented
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist? : We have provided masks for senior citizens, low income people throughout the city, providing limited education virtual support tutorial service for students, African American, and students of color throughout the city, and working with Long Beach Unified School Districts, National Council of Negro Women, 100 Black Men, African American Churches, Senior centers, and New Hope Home.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount?: None
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for? : N/A