Coronavirus Relief Grant
Checkbox-571: #4, #5
Legal-name: New Generations NG
Address: 2426 Santa Fe Avenue
City: Long Beach
Organizational-status: 501(C)(3) Nonprofit
GrantPurpose: Grant Purpose would be to supply an abundance of food and necessities that our community members are in need of.
Periodoftime: 1 year
Audienceserved: Low Income, unemployed, homeless, food insecure, elders, veterains, disabled.
Demoofaudience: Ages 20-75 Ethnicity: Asian, Korean, Combodian, hispanic/latino, African American.
Numberofserved: 1,200 Monthly
District: District 7
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? : Recovery resources that have been provided already are canned foods and fresh/frozen foods such as fruits,vegetables and different types of meats and even clothes.We have given these items by setting up a pantry weekly on the west side of Long Beach.
2. What additional services, above your standard operations, will be conducted with this grant funding?: In addition to our set in place operations that are going to be implemented with this grant would consist of grocery for homebound individuals, meal for homeless individuals and essential hygiene packages for families. All of these resources will be done by delivering methods by members of our organization.
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist? : Other individuals that we will assist will include residents of west side long beach (District 7). Including but not limited to homless individuals and small local churches.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount? : Currently we have recieved a $1,000 stipend from council member Rex Richardson in aims to provide for the communities that are beign impacted by COVID-19.
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for?: N/A