Coronavirus Relief Grant
Checkbox-571: #1, #4, #5
Legal-name: Our Own Non Profit Inc.
Previous-name: Our Own
Address: 419 E. 6th St # 205
City: Long Beach
Organizational-status: 501 (c)(3) Non Profit
GrantPurpose: Providing food, toiletries, mental health services to elderly, low income families, special needs, and pet owners impacted by COVID-19.
Periodoftime: On Going
Audienceserved: Low income families, Single Parent Homes, Homeless / Foster Youth, Families with special needs, and pet owners.
Demoofaudience: Age: Newborn – 12, 12- 18, 25-40, 65+ | Demographics: Hispanic, African America, Pacific Islander, White
Numberofserved: 900 weekly
District: District 1, 2, 6, 7, 8 , 9
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? : Thus far we have provided meals for thousands within Long Beach and Southern California, along with distributing over 10,000 PPE’s (Personal Protective Equipment) to Hospitals, Community Clinics, Assisted Living Facilities and various community organizations.
2. What additional services, above your standard operations, will be conducted with this grant funding?: We operate weekly, delivering 100% fresh produce to make great health and healing available in the communities who need it the most. Offering fresh food to our community can save lives and give us all a brighter, healthier future. Every produce bag delivered to families are filled with immune boosting ingredients and recipe recommendations to help combat the virus.
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist? : We will continue to work with Low Income Families and Elderly Persons. We have a growing database of families in need.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount?: None at this time. Our program has been primarily funded through donations.
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for? : We have previously applied and was awarded a grant through the Long Beach Community Foundation. Our hope is that we are considered for additional funding so we can continue to impact the Long Beach Communities.