Legal-name: Our Own Non Profit Inc
Address: 419 East 6th St
City: Long Beach
Organizational-status: 501 (c)(3) non profit
Officer: Dustin Young
ContactName: Dustin Young
GrantPurpose: Providing food, toiletries, mental health services to elderly, low income families, special needs, and pet owners impacted by COVID-19
Periodoftime: Since March 2020
Audienceserved: Elderly, Single Parent Homes, Families, Disabled / Special Needs
Demoofaudience: Newborns – 17 ( 30%), 18-34 (10 %), 35-49 (30 %), 50-75 (30 %) | Ethnicity: Hispanic, African American, White, Avg.Income: < 40,000 Annual
District: District: 1,2,6,7,8,9
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? : Our organization has delivered food and essentials to over 1000 people within the our communities both in Long Beach and surrounding areas. We focus on produce bags with recipes along with social emotional tools that can be accessed digitally for our program participants.
2. What disaster recovery service will be provided by this grant? : Awarding this grant to our organization allows us to continue fulfilling our mission of providing quality food for our Long Beach neighbors and residents during this unprecedented time. Services provided by this grant are as follows:
1. Weekly Food Boxes Deliveries
2. Essential Needs Deliveries ( Toiletries, Medication Drop-off, Animal Care, Disabled / Special Needs Persons
3. Physical and Mental Health Programs
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist? : We will be working internally with a database of individuals. We are currently providing for those that are referred from community partners. There are other organization such as the Long Beach Rescue Mission and Willmore City (Association) that we will both volunteer and provide resources as needed.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount? : Currently we haven’t received any funds to date from any Federal and or State organizations. However we have and continue to receive individual donations. These donations have been less than $12,000.
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for?: Currently we are in the process of identifying resources that are both tangible and align with our mission of local impact.