Legal-name: The Long Beach Unity Festival Inc.
Address: 3553 Atlantic Ave. B1504
City: Long Beach
Organizational-status: 501c3 nonprofit
Officer: Steve Adams, President/CEO
ContactName: Stephanie Butler Adams
Title: Executive Director
GrantPurpose: This grant request will assist us in the conversion of our existing LBUF afterschool arts enrichment program (i.e. Sky Kids – dance, drama, reading, storytelling) for 70+children ages 6-12 living in underserved/low-income communities in North & W. LB to on-line virtual platform/classes which are focused on trauma-informed children, and children with behavioral challenges.
Periodoftime: Immediately through the next 6 months.
Audienceserved: low-income, trauma-informed children ages 6-12
Demoofaudience: ages 6-12 underserved minority children
District: District 8
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? : None.
2. What disaster recovery service will be provided by this grant? : LBUnity will provide much needed creative, physical, and emotional outlets through professional training in the creative, educational, and literary arts to home-bound children from low-income, volatile environments who, because of the COVID-19 crisis are now forced to be at home–many in highly dysfunctional family atmospheres. In addition, many of our students are from single-parent homes of essential workers; that said, our virtual afterschool arts enrichment program allows children to remain positively engaged during 2-3 hours of the early evening.
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist? : The staff of LB Unity instructors will serve the children and their families who are residents at Northpointe Apartment Homes located at 5441 N. Paramount Blvd. in LB. Our staff has been in residence through Avanath Properties & COR CDC for the past 5 years.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount?: We have not received any disaster recovery funds to date.
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for?: We have applied for the Economic Injury Disaster Loan through SBA but have not yet received a reply.