Legal-name: The Village Foundation
Address: 111 W. Ocean Blvd. Suite 400
City: Long Beach
Organizational-status: 501 (c)(3) nonprofit
Officer: Alan Richards, CEO
Annual: 12,000 – Donation based
ContactName: Ian Mafnas
GrantPurpose: Distribution of sanitation supplies, to mitigate the spread COVID-19, to different homeless encampments throughout the city of Long Beach.
Periodoftime: 3-6 months
Audienceserved: Homeless population
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? : The Village Foundation has been constantly obtaining resources to distribute to the homeless population in the Long Beach area. We have distributed basic care items, such as masks, disinfectant wipes, non-perishable foods, etc., to individuals at different encampments and streets throughout the city of Long Beach.
2. What disaster recovery service will be provided by this grant? : We will continue our efforts of assisting the homeless population by providing sanitation supplies and face masks to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, while quarantining ourselves as a result of possible COVID-19 exposure.
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist? : We will reach as many homeless individuals as possible. We will join the effort of other community-based organizations who are doing what they can to respond to COVID-19 and prevent further spread. We have networked with other 501(c)(3) organizations and together we are researching additional resources for our effort.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount?: We have not received any disaster recovery funds.
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for?: The Village Foundation has not applied for additional funding from any other entity; federal, state and/or local at this time.