Legal-name: Wrap The Kids
Address: 297 E. Artesia Blvd.
City: Long Beach
Organizational-status: 501 c 3
Officer-title: Chief Executive Officer
GrantPurpose: Homeless and former homeless sewing cloth face masks, distributing masks, hand sanitizers, gloves to the unsheltered and homeless in Long Beach.
Periodoftime: May 1, 2020 to Sept. 1, 2020
Audienceserved: Homeless and unsheltered individuals including adults, teens and children residing within N. Beach and surrounding communities.
Demoofaudience: All age categories: 48% Hispanic, 14% African American, 28% Caucasian, 2% Native American, 2% Asian, rest unkown
District: Districts 9, 8,7,6,4,3,2,1 and 5.
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? Since early March, 2020, WTK shifted priorities and began hand sewing cloth face masks to distribute free of charge to our homeless clients. In addition, we have been distributing bottles of hand sanitizer ad latex/nitrile gloves to these same unsheltered individuals. To date, WTK has produced and distributed more than 200 cloth face masks to the homeless.
2. What additional services, above your standard operations, will be conducted with this grant funding?: With grant approval, we will produce an additional 500 cloth face masks to be distributed along with the additional hand sanitizer bottles, exam gloves and other donated toiletries.
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist? : Homeless and unsheltered individuals residing along the interstate 710 and the L.A. river basin which adjoins this freeway within the Long Beach city limits.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount? WTK has several grant proposals which are outstanding and under review as of the date of submission of this grant proposal. We have received more than $500. dollars in individual donations from friends and advocates of WTK. We also have utilized previously donated cloth fabric to begin the initial production of cloth face masks.
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for?: Wrap The Kids has submitted grant applications for covid – 19 relief funding from: United Way of Greater Los Angeles; Union Pacific Foundation, Adams Mastrovich Family Foundation. In addition, WTK has made a special, one time request for covid – 19 relief funding from the Long Beach Homeless Coalition and the Deforest Park Neighborhood Association.