Open a Designated Fund
The first step in opening a designated fund is submitting a completed fund agreement/instrument of gift. Scroll down to learn more about designated funds or call us at (562) 435-9033 and let’s discuss opening a fund.
Designated Funds | Secure Giving
"For me, it's reassuring to know donations are going to organizations that will spend it properly and for the purposes that you intended."
~ Bob Foster, Former Mayor of Long Beach
Designated funds support specified organization(s). Donors specify which organizations will receive the available grants each year. Grant recipients remain the same each year.
- Protective oversight of the fund provided by Long Beach Community Foundation (LBCF) on a local and national level.
- Highly personalized and flexible service tailored to your charitable and financial interests.
- Knowledgeable staff with in-depth grantmaking and giving expertise.
- Grant administration and processing by LBCF allow for easy and hassle-free grantmaking.
- The tax benefit is realized by the donor immediately after a contribution is made.
- Fundholders can select an array of investment options that are managed as part of a $5 billion portfolio, bringing economies of scale investment results.
- Access to an easy and secure online portal to view fund balances 24/7.
- Available option to raise funds through the LBCF website.
- Fees charged support philanthropic grants and programs in the Long Beach Community.
- Monthly statements show all investment, donation, and grant activity.
- Comparable rates and fees to other community foundations.
- No legal liability. LBCF is in full compliance with state and federal regulations as they relate to grants and contributions.
- LBCF staff issues grants in your fund’s name on a schedule that you define at inception.
- Utilize this type of fund in estate and legacy planning.
- LBCF makes a conscious effort to work with Long Beach-based organizations.
- LBCF is National Standards Accredited which indicates a commitment to excellence and accountability. This is the highest standard for philanthropic excellence.
Complete Fund Agreement
Thank you for your interest in a field of interest fund held at the Long Beach Community Foundation. If you are ready to open a fund or need more information, fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you.