Open a Designated Fund
The first step in opening a designated fund is submitting a completed fund agreement/instrument of gift. Scroll down to learn more about designated funds or call us at (562) 435-9033 and let’s discuss opening a fund.
Designated Funds | Secure Giving
"For me, it's reassuring to know donations are going to organizations that will spend it properly and for the purposes that you intended."
~ Bob Foster, Former Mayor of Long Beach
Designated Fund Overview
Designated funds support specified organization(s). Donors specify which organizations will receive the available grants each year. Grant recipients remain the same each year.
Benefits and Services
- Protective oversight of the fund provided by Long Beach Community Foundation (LBCF) on a local and national level.
- Highly personalized and flexible service tailored to your charitable and financial interests.
- Knowledgeable staff with in-depth grantmaking and giving expertise.
- Grant administration and processing by LBCF allow for easy and hassle-free grantmaking.
- The tax benefit is realized by the donor immediately after a contribution is made.
- Fundholders can select an array of investment options that are managed as part of a $5 billion portfolio, bringing economies of scale investment results.
- Access to an easy and secure online portal to view fund balances 24/7.
- Available option to raise funds through the LBCF website.
- Fees charged support philanthropic grants and programs in the Long Beach Community.
- Monthly statements show all investment, donation, and grant activity.
- Comparable rates and fees to other community foundations.
Why Open a Designated Fund with LBCF?
- No legal liability. LBCF is in full compliance with state and federal regulations as they relate to grants and contributions.
- LBCF staff issues grants in your fund’s name on a schedule that you define at inception.
- Utilize this type of fund in estate and legacy planning.
- LBCF makes a conscious effort to work with Long Beach-based organizations.
- LBCF is National Standards Accredited which indicates a commitment to excellence and accountability. This is the highest standard for philanthropic excellence.
Complete Fund Agreement
Submit a completed fund agreement or request a fund agreement for electronic signature at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in a field of interest fund held at the Long Beach Community Foundation. If you are ready to open a fund or need more information, fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you.