Open a Field of Interest Fund
The first step in opening a field of interest fund is submitting a completed fund agreement/instrument of gift. Scroll down to learn more about field of interest funds or call us at (562) 435-9033 and let’s discuss opening a fund.
Learn More about Field of Interest Funds
Field of Interest Fund | Send-a-Kid-to-Camp
Since 1999 this fund has provided the opportunity for hundreds of children to gain a unique experience of attending a week-long summer camp in the mountains that they might not otherwise be able to afford. "It never ceases to amaze me how so many people in our community care about kids they don't even know." ~ Rich Archbold, Public Editor Press-Telegram
Field of interest funds allow donors to specify a broad category for funding and direct their gifts to a charitable area of interest.
- Grant administration and processing by the Long Beach Community Foundation (LBCF) allows for easy grantmaking.
- Knowledgeable staff with in-depth grantmaking and giving expertise.
- Highly personalized and flexible service tailored to fund holder's charitable and financial interests.
- The tax benefit is realized immediately after a contribution is made.
- Fund holder has access to an easy and secure online portal to view fund activity 24/7.
- Fund holders can select an array of investment options that are managed as part of a larger $5 billion portfolio, bringing economies of scale
- Protective fund oversight is provided by LBCF on a local and national level.
- Option to receive a list of nonprofit grantees in a certain area of interest.
- Invitations to exclusive LBCF events with other donors and fundholders.
- Monthly statements show all investments, donations, and scholarship activity.
- Fees charged support philanthropic grants and programs in the Long Beach Community.
- Available option to raise funds through the LBCF website.
- No legal liability. LBCF remains in full compliance with state and federal regulations as they relate to grants and contributions.
- Issue grants in the fund’s name or anonymously.
- Utilize this type of fund in estate planning to establish a giving legacy.
- Be actively or passively involved in directing how the funds are used.
- LBCF makes a conscious effort to work with Long Beach-based organizations.
- LBCF is National Standards Accredited which indicates a commitment to excellence and accountability. This is the highest standard for philanthropic excellence.
Complete Fund Agreement
Thank you for your interest in a field of interest fund held at the Long Beach Community Foundation. If you are ready to open a fund or need more information, fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you.