Open a Field of Interest Fund
The first step in opening a field of interest fund is submitting a completed fund agreement/instrument of gift. Scroll down to learn more about field of interest funds or call us at (562) 435-9033 and let’s discuss opening a fund.
Learn More about Field of Interest Funds
Field of Interest Fund | Send-a-Kid-to-Camp
Since 1999 this fund has provided the opportunity for hundreds of children to gain a unique experience of attending a week-long summer camp in the mountains that they might not otherwise be able to afford. "It never ceases to amaze me how so many people in our community care about kids they don't even know." ~ Rich Archbold, Public Editor Press-Telegram
Field of interest funds allows donors to specify a broad category for funding and direct their gifts to a charitable area of interest.
- GIVE: Donors establish a fund by making an irrevocable, tax-deductible contribution.
- GROW: The fund is invested according to each donor's recommended risk tolerance.
- GRANT: The donor recommends grants to qualified charitable organizations throughout the United States.
- Grant administration and processing by LBCF allows for easy and hassle-free grantmaking.
- Highly personalized and flexible service tailored to your charitable and financial interests.
- The tax benefit is realized by the donor immediately after a contribution is made.
- An easy and secure online portal so you can view your fund balance 24/7.
- An array of investment options that are carefully selected and invested as part of a $3 billion portfolio, bringing you economies of scale investment results.
- Protective oversight of your fund provided by LBCF on a local and national level.
- Option to receive a list of qualified nonprofit grantees in your area of interest.
- Invitations to exclusive Community Foundation events with other donors and local nonprofit grantees.
- Knowledgeable staff with in-depth grantmaking and giving expertise.
- Quarterly statements show all investment, donation, and grant activity.
- Comparable rates and fees to other community foundations.
- Fees charged support philanthropic grants and programs in the Long Beach Community
- Available option to raise funds through the LBCF website.
- No legal liability. The Community Foundation remains in full compliance with state and federal regulations as they relate to grants and contributions.
- Name your fund and issue grants in your fund’s name.
- Utilize this type of fund in your estate plan and leave your legacy.
- Be actively or passively involved in directing how the funds are used.
- LBCF makes a conscious effort to work with Long Beach-based organizations.
Complete Fund Agreement
Thank you for your interest in a field of interest fund held at the Long Beach Community Foundation. If you are ready to open a fund or need more information, fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you.