Coronavirus Relief Fund (Official fund in partnership with the City of Long Beach)
Long Beach is experiencing an unprecedented challenge as we face the Covid-19 health crisis. This fund will support the most vulnerable in our community.
The Long Beach Coronavirus Relief Fund will support community-based organizations at the frontlines of the coronavirus response in the Long Beach area. Grants will be made to support approved 501(C)3 nonprofit, educational, and governmental organizations working on these efforts.
Funds donated to this Long Beach Relief Fund through June 5, 2020 will be used exclusively for assistance to Long Beach residents impacted by Coronavirus.
June 8, 2020 Update: The Coronavirus Relief Fund has granted over $1 million to almost 90 nonprofits providing critical aid and services to Long Beach community members. The application process is currently closed, but may open in the future depending on emergency circumstances.
WAYS TO GIVE
1. Contributions By PayPal
Click the button below, or visit PayPal.me/SupportLB or use the PayPal app and type @SupportLB.
2. Contributions By Check
Check donations may be mailed to Long Beach Community Foundation, 400 Oceangate, Suite 800, Long Beach, CA 90802. Please write Long Beach Coronavirus Relief Fund in the memo section of your check.
3. Contributions By Credit Card
Please click here and scroll to the bottom of the page.
WAYS TO RECEIVE
- On March 27, 2020, Congress and the President enacted the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act, H. R. 748).
- Resources for navigating the CARES Act from the Knight Foundation can be found here.
- Individuals should visit Long Beach’s coronavirus information website: http://www.longbeach.gov/health/diseases-and-condition/information-on/coronavirus/ or call the established hotline 562-570-INFO (4636) for all personal coronavirus related issues and/or questions.
- Individuals suffering from job loss should contact the EDD website: https://edd.ca.gov and start unemployment and underemployed applications. The EDD phone number is 1-800-480-3287.
- Individuals who are sick with the coronavirus can file a disability Insurance claim. https://edd.ca.gov/Disability/How_to_File_a_DI_Claim_in_SDI_Online.htm/t_blank?fbclid=IwAR37UBdHJK4O3IRzK9Ff_sY1xdK7LuD1QKeb60xPK_-DC6cvtmF6Ejxbtxw
- Individuals needing technology related to COVID-19 relief (low-cost internet, hotspots, and low-cost computer resources, visit http://www.longbeach.gov/ti/digital-inclusion/covid-19-digital-inclusion-community-resources/
- The Long Beach CARES Emergency Rental Assistance Program (LB CARES), which is being administered by the City’s Development Services Department, will provide up to $1,000 per month of rental assistance payments for up to three months on behalf of qualifying Long Beach residents who have lost income due to COVID-19 and meet federal low-income requirements. The monthly assistance payments will be provided directly to property owners or landlords on behalf of qualifying residents and be applicable to rent due during the eligible period from March 27, 2020, until the end of the City’s Safer at Home Order. Details can be found at longbeach.gov/lbcares.
- Long Beach businesses should call the City’s Coronavirus related hotline at 562-570-4249.
- Current Long Beach Economic Development resources can be found at http://longbeach.gov/economicdevelopment/business-development/city-loan-programs/
- State resources for impacted businesses (scroll down to the Employer Information section) can be found at https://edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019/faqs.htm
- Facebook is offering small business grants to support businesses impacted by COVID-19: https://www.facebook.com/business/grants
- Small business loans are available through SBA: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/Documents/Three_Step_Process_SBA_Disaster_Loans.pdf
- The WorkPlace job center (4811 Airport Plaza Dr., Ste. 120) is open to assist Long Beach families, workers and small businesses affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. The job center assists Long Beach residents file for unemployment, and other protections and services.