DEADLINE: All applications must be submitted online or received in the LBCF office on or before 5 PM on Thursday, March 19, 2020.
This scholarship is for the term of one year and does not renew. The award amount will be between $1,000 and $2,000. A complete application will include:
- 1 – Fully executed application,
- 1 – Most recent high school transcript,
- 1 – Essay (500-1000 words),
- 1 – Educational letter of recommendation,
- 1 – Personal letter of recommendation, and
- 1 – Additional letter of recommendation either educational or personal.
CRITERIA: Applicants for this scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Be a high school senior currently enrolled* in and graduating from the Long Beach Unified School District (LBUSD) or the Garden Grove Unified School District (GGUSD). *Must have been enrolled in and attended (on campus) either of these districts for at least one full academic year.
- Be a high school senior who plans to enroll in a full-time course of study which leads to a degree (and a California teaching credential) at an accredited four-year public college or university in the state of California.
- Be a United States Citizen.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to, and interest in, pursuing a career in public education as a K-12 public school teacher in California.
- Demonstrate outstanding scholastic ability and a determination to graduate from college and become a California public school teacher.
Please complete all applicable fields.
If you are unable to submit the above online form, email email@example.com to request a PDF of this application to be emailed to you and filled out electronically. Your completed PDF application can be emailed back to LBCF with all attachments saved in the correct format. If you have any restrictions that prevent submission in the above formats, please contact the LBCF at (562) 435-9033.