Coronavirus Relief Fund (Official fund in partnership with the City of Long Beach)
Long Beach is experiencing an unprecedented challenge as we face the Covid-19 health crisis. Grants from this fund will be prioritized to support the most vulnerable in our community.
The Long Beach Coronavirus Relief Fund will support community-based organizations at the frontlines of the coronavirus response in the Long Beach area. Grants will be made to support approved 501(C)3 nonprofit, educational, and governmental organizations working on these efforts.
An authorized committee of the Long Beach Community Foundation will review the grant applications and recommend grants for eligible organizations that have already or will provide assistance during the coronavirus health crisis.
Grants will be reviewed weekly.
Grant requests up to $20,000 will be accepted. Exceptions will be considered for highly scalable programs that are able to serve an exceptional number of individuals. The largest grant values will be allocated to the highest current areas of need.
These grants will be made to qualified organizations for COVID-19-related impacts whose needs are not being filled by state, federal, or other funding. These include, but are not limited to:
- Grants to nonprofits serving low-income individuals affected by COVID-19 to pay for critical expenses;
- Grants to nonprofits providing microloans and/or funds to small businesses affected by COVID-19 to pay for critical expenses and adapt business models during this crisis;
- Grants to nonprofits providing emergency funds for workers laid off as a result of COVID-19;
- Grants to nonprofits providing assistance to individuals experiencing homelessness for sheltering, food, sanitation supplies to mitigate the spread COVID-19, and to quarantine as a result of COVID-19 exposure, and
- Grants to nonprofits to provide food and critical supply delivery to those who are home-bound.
Funding is subject to change according to availability and need.
Reports for expenditures and uses are due 6 months from the date the grants have been received.