The Fall 2018 application window is now closed. Please check back in the Spring for additional grant opportunities.
2018 Knight Foundation Grant Opportunity
The Knight Foundation Fund, a fund with the Long Beach Community Foundation, supports the success of our communiti through investments that attract, retain and harness talent; that expand opportunity by increasing entrepreneurship and economic mobility; and that support civic infrastructure to accelerate the growth of ideas and bring people from diverse social and economic backgrounds together. Such projects and programs will enable our communities to succeed in a rapidly changing world. After carefully reviewing the grant focus, submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) (not to exceed one page) that includes the following:
- An introduction to your organization.
- Your organization’s 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax identification number.
- A description of your project and specifically how does it meet the grant criteria.
- Project start and completion dates.
- Your project budget.
- Total grant request. (Grants are typically awarded between $10,000 and $50,000.)
Upon timely receipt, your LOI will be reviewed for eligibility and relationship to the grant focus. Projects that best meet the grant priorities will be invited to submit a full proposal.
All LOIs must be received no later than 3 pm on October 12, 2018 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF Format) or postage mail to:
400 Oceangate, Suite 800
Long Beach, CA 90802
Questions? Call 562-435-9033.