National Philanthropy Day
All project ideas must be submitted by 5 pm on Friday, April 27, 2018.
National Philanthropy Day is a national initiative that honors charitable work across the country and is celebrated in a variety of ways. To honor this philanthropic event, LBCF annually chooses a local nonprofit organization to support with some type of renovation. LBCF’s National Philanthropy Day allows the Community Foundation to “roll up its sleeves” and make a meaningful impact up close and personal with a Long Beach nonprofit. Previous nonprofits who have benefited from these efforts include: Young Horizons, Boys and Girls Clubs of Long Beach, Precious Lamb Preschool, and the Long Beach Rescue Mission’s Lydia House.
Who can submit projects for consideration:
Applicants must be 501c3 Nonprofit organization located in Long Beach, CA and be in good standing with the IRS.
What type of projects will be considered:
- Physical improvement projects that can be completed with a budget under $5,000.
- Projects that can be completed in one day.
- Projects that will utilize or greatly benefit from the manpower generated by many untrained volunteers.
- Projects that require a skilled labor force or a licensed contractor will be considered, but the ideal projects are largely cosmetic to utilize volunteers.
- External façade improvements will be given preference so that the entire community can appreciate and benefit from the make-over.
When will the project take place:
The selected Long Beach site will be ready for renovations in October.
Considerations: How will your Board and/or stakeholders participate in this project? (ie: contribute resources to this proposed project / actively participate in the volunteer efforts on the day of the project)
Deadline: All project ideas must be submitted by 5 pm on Friday, April 27, 2018. All sites considered will require a site inspection.
Questions: Call (562) 435-9033.