LBCF’s Response to COVID-19
Effective, Wednesday, March 18, the Long Beach Community Foundation is conducting operations remotely until further notice. We want to protect the health and safety of our staff, stakeholders, and their families, as well as do our part to “Flatten the Curve” of the virus.
We appreciate your understanding and patience during this challenging time. As this crisis continues to evolve, additional adjustments may be necessary. Our priority is to keep charitable dollars flowing to critically important issues in our community. No matter where we are working, LBCF is committed to ensuring that our valued members and partners continue to receive excellent service.
To contribute to the Long Beach Covid-19 response, click here, or text “SupportLB” to 501-55.
For LBCF fund holders who would like to rush a grant recommendation to a nonprofit specifically addressing the crisis response, we are offering two options. In the “Special Instructions” field of your grant recommendation form, indicate:
- “Please expedite this grant via a wire transfer.” The grantee will receive the funds in their bank account within 1-2 days and may incur additional charges such as a $15 transfer fee, or
- “Please expedite this grant via an Automated Clearing House (ACH) transfer.” The grantee will receive the funds in their bank account within 3-5 days at no additional cost.
Our hearts and prayers are with people and communities being impacted most.
Marcelle Epley, President & CEO
Long Beach Community Foundation
The Long Beach Community Foundation initiates positive change for Long Beach through charitable giving, stewardship, and strategic grantmaking.
We strive to be the preeminent steward of endowments serving the needs of Long Beach in perpetuity.
- Encourage charitable giving
- Help individuals and families manage their philanthropic giving
- Establish endowment funds to benefit local nonprofits
- Make strategic grants to Long Beach nonprofits