Open a Donor Advised Fund
The first step in opening a donor advised fund is submitting a completed donor advised fund agreement. Scroll down to learn more about donor advised funds or call us at (562) 435-9033 and let’s discuss opening a fund.
Learn More About Donor Advised Funds
Donor Advised Funds | Secure Giving
"For me, it's reassuring to know donations are going to organizations that will spend it properly and for the purposes that you intended."
~ Bob Foster, Former Mayor of Long Beach
The most flexible way to achieve your philanthropic goals. This fund is designed for donors who prefer to be actively involved in directing how the funds are used, and who wish to request grants be made to specific organizations as charitable needs arise.
1. Highly personalized and flexible service tailored to your charitable and financial interests.
2. Knowledgeable staff with in-depth grantmaking and giving expertise.
3. An easy and secure online portal so you can view your fund balance 24/7.
4. Grants administration and processing by LBCF allows for easy and hassle-free grant making.
5. Tax benefit is realized by the donor immediately after a contribution is made.
6. An array of investment options that are carefully selected and managed as part of a $5 billion portfolio, bringing you economies of scale investment results.
7. Protective oversight of your fund provided by LBCF on a local and national level.
8. An option to have your financial advisor manage the fund assets.
9. Invitations to exclusive Community Foundation events with other donors and local nonprofit grantees.
10. Monthly statements showing all investments, donations, and grant activity.
11. Comparable rates and fees to other community foundations.
12. Double your impact: the fees charged support philanthropic grants and programs in the Long Beach community.
13. Available option to raise funds through the LBCF website.
1. No legal liability. The Community Foundation remains in full compliance with state and federal regulations as they relate to grants and contributions.
2. Name your fund and issue grants in your name or anonymously.
3. Simple alternative to a Private Foundation with the same benefits and without the hassle and costly legal fees.
4. Be actively involved in directing how the funds are used.
5. Request grants be made to specific organizations as charitable needs arise or select an advisory committee (such a family or friends) to choose grant recipients.
6. LBCF makes a conscious effort to work with Long Beach-based organizations.
7. LBCF is National Standards Accredited which indicates a commitment to excellence and accountability. This is the highest standard for philanthropic excellence.
View our donor advised webinar series to learn more:
- 8/20/2020 – An Introduction to Donor Advised Funds
- 9/17/2020 – Donating Appreciated Assets into a Donor Advised Fund
- 10/15/2020 – Donor Advised Funds vs. Family Foundations
Complete Fund Agreement
Submit a completed fund agreement or request a fund agreement for electronic signature at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in a donor advised fund held at the Long Beach Community Foundation. If you are ready to open a fund or need more information, fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you.