The Long Beach Community Foundation’s mission is to initiate positive change for Long Beach through charitable giving, stewardship, and strategic grantmaking. With this mission our focus is to:
- Encourage charitable giving
- Help individuals and families manage their philanthropic giving
- Establish endowment funds to benefit local nonprofits
- Make strategic grants to Long Beach nonprofits
We strive to be the preeminent steward of endowments serving the needs of Long Beach in perpetuity.
At Long Beach Community Foundation, we believe our role is to serve all in our community by connecting people to resources. Our board members and staff are deeply connected to Long Beach and know that the strength of our community lies in the diversity of our citizens. We also realize that not everyone has access to what they need to thrive and that real disparities exist in our community.
Through our discretionary grantmaking, our work with donors and fundholders, and through our efforts to convene stakeholders around pressing issues in the community, we endeavor to focus on the needs of the Long Beach community, close the gap in the disparities that exist, and support our most vulnerable community members.
Our staff and Board of Directors have identified the values that guide us in putting our mission into action.
- Connected: We are valued conveners. Our community-based engagement and knowledge enable us to connect donors with nonprofits, community members in need with services, and facilitate custom solutions that provide a positive impact on Long Beach.
- Inclusive: We value the diverse life experiences and backgrounds of our community members and approach our work with a focus on equity and inclusion. Our goal is to be approachable and accessible to all our stakeholders – donors, fundholders, grantees, local nonprofits, and members of the community so that they feel valued and respected in all our interactions.
- Thoughtful: We cultivate lasting relationships by providing attentive, responsive, and respectful services with kindness, flexibility, and understanding.
- Competent: We are responsive, trustworthy, thorough, reliable, and professional, and share our knowledge to catalyze a vibrant and sustainable community.