LBCF is your partner. We provide support, information, expertise, and professional administration of charitable funds to help you better serve your clients. We work in tandem with all kinds of tax professionals to extend your services.
The Long Beach Community Foundation is a 501(c)3 public charity, so your clients will receive the maximum tax deduction allowed by law, avoid or reduce capital gains tax and may be eligible to receive a lifetime income stream. We look at each donation individually and create giving plans that provide bottom-line benefits to the donor and maximize gifts to the community.
Charitable giving can encompass more than just cash donations. Families and businesses can tap into Long Beach Community Foundation’s expertise to turn hard-to-value assets into a charitable family or corporate fund to further their philanthropic and tax-planning goals.
Your clients may be able to attain a new level of giving they might not have considered possible through assets they already own. Long Beach Community Foundation accepts complex assets for charitable purposes, including:
- Real Estate
- Personal Residence
- Commercial Property
- Undeveloped Property
- Other Real Property
- Business Interests
- Closely Held Stock (S-Corp, C-Corp, LLC)
- Partnership Interests
- Personal Property
- Royalties, Copyrights, Patents
- Valuable Collectibles
- Other Alternative Asset Gifts
- Life Insurance Policies
- Retirement Plans
This list is not intended to be all-inclusive of acceptable alternative assets. Gift acceptance is dependent upon asset review and approval.
- LBCF Types of Funds
- Donor Advised Funds Webinar Series
- Donor Advised Fund Basics
- Private Foundation vs Donor Advised Funds
- Donor Advised Fund Grant Guidelines
- Donor Advised Fund Agreement (Endowed)
- Donor Advised Fund Agreement (Non Endowed)
- Three Important Tax Strategies
- Fundraising Guidelines
- How to Talk Giving Guide - Please email us or schedule a meeting with LBCF to receive your free copy of "How to Talk Giving" - a resource to open the charitable giving conversation with your clients.
- Sample Wills & Trust Legacy Language
- Memorandum of Philanthropic Intent
- Financial Advisor Program - Welcome Kit
Donor Advised Funds | Secure Giving
"For me, it's reassuring to know donations are going to organizations that will spend it properly and for the purposes that you intended." ~ Bob Foster, Former Mayor of Long Beach
Charitable Giving Funds | Private Foundation Alternative
"With no startup costs, legal fees, or liability, it is the most flexible, hassle-free approach to charitable giving." ~ Marilyn Bohl, Retired IBM Executive and Author
Scholarships Funds | Supporting Youth Education
"It's a program that works - we see the results every day in the smiles of all the children who have been given a second chance at life through the Safe Surrender program." ~ Don Knabe, Former Supervisor, 4th District, La County Board of Supervisors
Bequests | Family Fund Advisors
"The Community Foundation is in touch with the community needs, the nonprofits, and what charitable programs align with our aunt's vision." ~ Melissa & Melanie Feinberg
Agency Funds | Algalita Marine Research & Education
"Having the Long Beach Community Foundation manage our endowment ensures that our funds are secure, expands our reach to new donors, and allows us to be immediately ready to receive planned gifts." ~ Terri Buchanan, President
Yes. Our role is to help donors create funds that carry out their charitable goals, in Long Beach or anywhere in the United States. LBCF donors have the ability to recommend grants to organizations across the country.
No, a grant can be made in any amount.
Yes, however if the donor does not name a successor, or after the successor's passing, the Community Foundation will continue to award the funds in accordance with your client's documented wishes.
The Long Beach Community Foundation has the ability to accept a range of assets including:
- Cash equivalents
- Stocks and bonds
- Business interests
- Real estate
- Personal property
- Life insurance policies
- Retirement account assets
The minimum for establishing most funds with the Long Beach Community Foundation is $2,500. Agency and Scholarship funds require larger minimums. There is no minimum to donate to existing funds once established.
The Long Beach Community Foundation offers the maximum charitable tax advantages available by law. Community Foundations are not subject to the taxes and regulations affecting private foundations and have increased flexibility. For example, there is no annual granting requirement.
- Is your client thinking about creating a private foundation, but is concerned about the cost and complexity?
- Does your client want to receive the maximum tax benefit?
- Is your client someone who gives to more than one charitable cause?
- Is your client interested in creating a legacy?
- Is your client someone who cares about their community?
Let’s Get Started!
Contact us today at (562) 435-9033 to learn more about how a partnership with the Long Beach Community Foundation will benefit you and your clients.