Legal-name: AIDS Food Store Inc
Address: 1066 Atlantic Ave #A
City: Long Beach
Officer: Jean Hartman
ContactName: Eric Schriver
GrantPurpose: Collect large food donations and prepare and distribute individual portions to local needy families.
Periodoftime: 8 weeks
Audienceserved: Local area needy families especially elderly shut ins.
Demoofaudience: No requirements but mostly local elderly and poor
Numberofserved: 200 individual food bags per week
District: One, two and six
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? : We have already done two weeks of food distribution using mostly existing food from our pantry. This is food we were storing for future regular clients of AIDS Food Store, which our regular mission is to distribute food and personal care items to our clients who have diagnoses of HIV or related. We would like to continue doing one additional day of food distribution per week using this grant.
2. What disaster recovery service will be provided by this grant? : Distribution of much needed food to the local community. Our typical food bags include canned goods, fresh produce, frozen products, rice and grains and anything else we can get from our various sources.
3. What organization and or individuals will you assist? : Recently we have been distributing to seniors and other shut ins related to the LB Gay and Lesbian Center. Also several of the local buildings including St Mary Tower and Pacific Tower. Other low income local people in need.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount?: None
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for? None