Legal-name: In Mom’s Arms
Address: 4067 Hardwick Street Unit 335
Officer: Sam Rushing, CEO
ContactName: Amber Cook
Title: Program Director
GrantPurpose: Provide supportive services and resources (food, household items, financial assistance) to seniors, disabled and vulnerable communities.
Periodoftime: 6 months
Audienceserved: Low income, unemployed, food insecure, elderly, disabled
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? : Currently we have been able to supply groceries, cleaning supplies, toiletries and paper goods to at risk and vulnerable seniors, disabled, and impoverished children and families in Long Beach and surrounding cities.
Our network has also partnered with Careportal and the Nehemiah Project to identify those in need and mobilize churches and other non-profits to expand our reach into other communities to assist in meeting more needs.
2. What disaster recovery service will be provided by this grant? : Continue to provide food, household items and other resources to disabled, elderly and vulnerable families as well as financial assistance with utilities, bills, etc.
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist? : Elderly, disabled, and vulnerable individuals seeking assistance directly from In Mom’s Arms as well as those identified and vetted through The Global Orphan Project’s Careportal.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount?: Small donations from community members and local churches.
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for?: Sempra Energy Foundation, LA County Employer Assistance Grant