Legal-name: Long Beach Police Foundation
Previous-name: Anjelica Vargas
Address: 2302 N Bellflower Blvd Fl #2
City: Long Beach
Officer: Bruce DD Mac Rae, President
ContactName: Anjelica Vargas
GrantPurpose: We are securing emergencies funds to support our officers who remain on duty with personal protective equipment to maintain health and prevent the spread of COVID-19 while on duty and returning to their homes.
Periodoftime: We are requesting the funds as soon as possible.
Audienceserved: Officers continue to serve the city, responding to emergency calls, enforcing the “Stay Home” initiative, monitoring businesses throughout the city and other assignments as they arise. Officers continue to be exposed to COVID-19 as their duties do not afford them stay home isolation when on the job.
Demoofaudience: The demographic of audience is not limited to an age, ethnicity or income. Our officers are at the service of the entire city.
District: All districts will benefits from this award. All sub-stations will be equipped with the requested personal protective equipment that will allow them to continue their jobs with the most precautions we can afford them while they remain on active duty.
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? : Other disaster recovery services have not yet been provided. The Foundation is working to secure emergency funds to help fill this need.
2. What disaster recovery service will be provided by this grant? : This grant will provide personal protective equipment for our police department.
3. What organization and or individuals will you assist? : This grant will assist the Long Beach Police Department who in turn serves the city of Long Beach.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount?: We have not yet received other disaster recovery funds.
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for?: We have applied for the Bumble COVID-19 relief grant and are securing additional grants to request funding.