Legal-name: Ronnies House Foundation
Previous-name: Accelerate Uptown – Business Accelerator
Address: 6082 Atlantic Ave.
City: Long Beach
Officer: Shirin Senegal – Executive Director
ContactName: Shirin Senegal
Title: Executive Director
GrantPurpose: To provide food & supplies for our community and safety gear for health care workers and first responders and access to information through lbunited.com.
Periodoftime: 5 Months
Audienceserved: low income, small business, homeless, food insecure, elderly, disabled,
Demoofaudience: African American, Latinx, low income minority and women owned businesses- We are focusing on the need regardless of race but we will be intentional about serving the communities who are left out.
Numberofserved: 300-400 Direct and well over 1000 to get information and connect through lbunited.com
District: District 9 food, resources, homeless packages, but have serviced all areas so far and plan on scaling city wide and provide our business coaching, support group and connections to resources city wide through our facebook support group, lbunited.com and our business workshops and coaching
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? : 1. Provided Food to Community Members through direct delivery and pick up
2. Provided Face Masks and Face Shields to St. Mary’s Hospital
3. Provide small business support for local business to apply for grants re-purpose business
4. Mortgage Assistance counselling for families to apply for forbearance agreement
5. LBUnited.com – Launched a site that provides resources, information to City of Long Beach residents and small businesses.
6. Provided Gloves and Sanitary products to different senior and vulnerable community members
7. Started a facebook support group with over 700 members https://www.facebook.com/groups/longbeachcoronavirussupport
2. What disaster recovery service will be provided by this grant? We will scale our work in the following areas through this contribution and fundraising. We can scale our work across the city. Please see the recently article on our work in la magazine https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/mutual-aid-covid
1. Food To Residents through our #feeditforwardlb program
2. Face Masks to health care workers and senior and vulnerable members of community
3. Sanitary packages to homeless community- face mask, gloves, hand sanitizing wipes
4. Business Coaching – set up a 24 hour phone and text line
5. Virtual Workshops for small businesses
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist? : Long Beach Local News –
North Long Beach News will give us exposure to build donations and reach community in need
Cal State Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship supports us in assisting our small businesses
104.7 Old School Radio Station will provide air time for outreach bi weekly
Pastor Steven Neal
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount? We have received $1000 in community donations
We have received donated food from the community and local bakery
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for?: We applied for a Verizon Grant in partnership with lisc for 10,000
We are applying for the City of Long Beach Block Grant for to assist our small businesses
We applied for a 10,000 United Way Fund to cover food and supply costs.
We are going to be selling merchandise starting this week to raise funds for the food and supplies we are giving to the community.
We also receive food donations from the community.