Legal-name: Shared Harvest Fund
Address: 925 N LaBrea Ave, Ste 5059
City: Los Angeles
Officer: Nana Afoh-Manin, MD, MPH; Founder
ContactName: Sereena Jivraj
GrantPurpose: myCovidMD® is an application developed by Shared Harvest that will meet the need for community-based testing, will provide free telehealth services, and will match residents with critical Crisis Buddies amidst the rapidly scaling COVID-19 global pandemic.
Periodoftime: Duration of COVID-19 pandemic
Audienceserved: All populations, but mostly uninsured, low income, homeless, unemployed, elderly, etc.
District: All Districts, 1-9
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? We have already conducted a pop-up rapid testing event in Culver City on Friday, 4/3/2020. We plan to host additional drives in the area as well as in the New York and Detroit areas. For any individual that gets our free testing and tests positive, they will be given quarantine instructions and provided a follow-up tele-health visit.
2. What disaster recovery service will be provided by this grant? : We will continue to hold pop-up rapid testing and will also be implementing tele-health visits. myCovid19.live will deliver 50,000 or more video-assisted COVID-19 telehealth screenings to older adults, under-resourced, and homeless individuals, allowing them to connect with skilled healthcare providers and community organizations for information, referrals and advice without risking exposure to the coronavirus. The platform matches users to crisis buddies via the Community Health Partner (CHP) program and connects with other COVID-19 efforts on the ground. Outreach and mobilization will be localized through 8 strategic partner task forces in targeted areas throughout Los Angeles to start.
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist? : We will assist individuals affected by the current COVID-19 pandemic as well as those who are unemployed / uninsured and need access to healthcare.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount? $16,000 in funds from Fraser Communications.
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for?: $20,000 in funds from Hackman Capital and Culver Studios and $5,000 in funds from GlobalGiving.