Legal-name: Urban Community Outreach
Previous-name: Julie Lie
Address: 241 Cedar Avenue
City: Long Beach
Officer: Julie Lie Executive Director
Annual: 224,495 Minus inkind contributions
ContactName: Julie Lie
Title: Executive Director
Tel-952: 562 582 1000
Secondaryphone: 562 225 6416
Grant-purpose: Rental Assistance and Rent Deposit
Periodoftime: Up to six months
Audienceserved: People who lost jobs/income because of Covid-19 shutdown and homeless
Demoofaudience: all adults
Numberofserved: up to 40 individuals and families
1. What disaster recovery service has already been provided?: Since the city’s covid-19 crisis has been declared, UCO staff and volunteers have continued to help people who are experiencing homelessness and others in need.
2. What disaster recovery service will be provided by this grant?: in light of the severe financial impacts of the covid19 on people who were living paycheck to paycheck to meet their basic needs, the funds for this grant will be dedicated entirely for rent assistance and rent.
3. What organization and or individuals will you assist? We have good working relationships with the city, Cabrillo, MHA, Lutheran social services, and others in Long Beach – we will continue to work with others to best help people stay housed.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount? (Include FEMA assistance or other federal, state, and local assistance, if appropriate.): We are currently working with the City’s manager’s office to ensure that we receive the support we need to continue our operations. The city has included UCO in their list o agencies ready to receive funds and
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for? (Include FEMA assistance or other federal, state, and local assistance, if appropriate.) We have not applied for other disaster recovery funds. We have sent out an appeal to our supporters and have received funds as a result.