Legal-name: University of Southern California
Address: 3500 South Figueroa Street
City: Los Angeles
Officer: Daniel J Gould PI
ContactName: Daniel Gould
Title: Fellow PI
GrantPurpose: To provide PPE to healthcare providers on the frontlines
Periodoftime: 3 months
Audienceserved: The healthcare workers on the frontlines.
Demoofaudience: All demographics.
Numberofserved: In Los Angeles the goal is 100,000
District: All districts
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? : At this point there are very few solutions to the PPE issues at hand. The supply chain is under tremendous stress and if workers were provided reusable sturdy PPE then this could reduce the stress on the overall supply chain.
2. What disaster recovery service will be provided by this grant? : We are 3D printing N95 equivalent masks for healthcare workers. We have already partnered with LA City mayors office as well as several other groups in order to provide durable reusable PPE to the hospitals in the region.
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist? All healthcare workers on the frontlines in our hospital systems, as well as secondary health institutions like nursing homes, prisons and schools.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount?: None.
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for: Applying for Fema Funds as well.