Legal-name: Urban Community Outreach
Previous-name: Julie Lie
Address: 241 Cedar Ave.
City: Long Beach
Officer-title: Executive Director
Contacttitle: Urban Community Outreach
GrantPurpose: All funds will be designated for rent assistance.
Periodoftime: Up to six months
Audienceserved: Low Income
Demoofaudience: Individuals and families
Numberofserved: up to 100 people
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? : Urban Community Outreach continues to provide to-go food services on Sunday afternoons and case management (via phone calls and emails) during the week. We have provided 170 to 240 to-go lunches (mostly to people experiencing homelessness) every Sunday since the Covid-19 shutdown and more and more grocery packs to housed clients.
2. What additional services, above your standard operations, will be conducted with this grant funding?: We plan to distribute the entire $20,000 grant fund as partial rent assistance to low-income individuals and families who have been economically impacted by the Covid-19 shutdown. We routinely pass along information regarding employment services, utility assistance, food pantries and other services to people who inquire about rent assistance.
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist? : We plan to partner with DAYS Long Beach to administer this grant – UCO and DAYS share the same physical location and have some shared clients.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount? On April 23, 2020, we received over $19,000 from the Paycheck Protection Program.
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for? : N/A