Legal-name: We Help, Inc.
Address: 26 Water Lily Way
City: Cota De Caza
Officer: Dr. M.N. Mansour, Director & CEO
ContactName: Dr. M. N. Mansour
Title: Director & CEO
GrantPurpose: We Help, Inc. is expanding the number of days for a current food bank operating out of Christ the Good Shepard Church in the City of Long Beach.
Periodoftime: 6/1/20 to 12/31/20
Audienceserved: low income, food insecure, elderly, children, unemployed
Demoofaudience: all underserved populations that are in need of food
Numberofserved: 150 families per week
District: District 6
1. What disaster recovery service have already been provided? We Help, Inc. is a newly formed 501(c)3, nonprofit organization established by the Nosshi and Isis Mansour Charitable Foundation (Family Foundation) to help the needy. For the last 20 years, the Family Foundation has been involved in a broad range of charitable programs including, among other things, serving orphans, building and operating a convalescent center and a seniors center. We Help, Inc. was created as the nonprofit entity to carry forward the legacy of the Family Foundation and has received its initial seed funding from the Family Foundation.
We Help, Inc. and the Family Foundation, has worked with Christ the Good Shepherd Church on a variety of charitable programs including using a food truck to serve hot meals to the homeless, supporting a back-to-school block party, providing school supplies to children in our neighborhood, serving one hot meal a week to the veterans, and hosting a Christmas party for the neighborhood.
Christ the Good Shepard partners with We Help, Inc. by allowing the operation of the food bank out of the Church’s facility.
2. What additional services, above your standard operations, will be conducted with this grant funding? With the establishment of We Help, Inc., plans to expand on the current one day a week food bank at Christ the Good Shepard Church are being formed. A budget has been prepared to consider the costs of this expanded program.
The continued state-wide shutdowns place an additional burden of food scarcity for our local vulnerable people. By doubling the days per week that we can provide food through this local food bank will assist these communities in need.
3. What individuals (and/or organizations) will you assist? : We Help, Inc. plans to assist any individuals or families in need of food, especially during this global pandemic. We plan to achieve this through our partnership with Christ the Good Shepard Church to expand food bank services.
In addition, We Help, Inc. recently formed a partnership with FOCUS North America (focusnorthamerica.org) to serve the needy. We are creating joint programs that will include serving meals to seniors and the homeless and distributing clothes to those in need. We will continue to expand on this partnership as funds allow.
4. What other disaster recovery funds have you received? What amount? None
5. What other disaster recovery funds have you applied for? : We Help, Inc. has applied for funds from the SBA’s CARES Act in the amount $11,500 (Under
Paycheck Protection Plan). This would help off-set the personnel costs already occurred with providing the current program of 1 day per week food bank.