An agency fund can be established by 501c3 nonprofit organizations for the benefit of their own organization and is an effective and efficient way to create stability and financial diversification for the future of the organization. An agency fund is right for your nonprofit organization if you are:
Looking for a way to create stability and financial diversification for the future of your organization
- Flexibility to create an endowed fund (access to income only), or quasi-endowed fund (access to income and principal).
- Funds are invested as part of a larger $5 billion portfolio, bringing economies of scale investment results.
- Monthly statements show all investment and grant activity.
- Fundholders have access to an easy and secure online portal to view fund balances 24/7.
Looking for a way to easily accept online donations, planned gifts, stock, or real estate
- You’ll have access to a secure online portal for credit card and bank transfers through the Long Beach Community Foundation (LBCF) website.
- LBCF can facilitate the acceptance of stocks or real estate in accordance with IRS rules.
- Be immediately prepared to receive planned gifts.
Looking to benefit from the professional expertise of our local staff and back-office support
- No legal liability. LBCF remains in full compliance with state and federal regulations as they relate to grants and contributions.
- Protective fund oversight is provided on a local and national level.
- Comparable rates and fees to other community foundations.
Looking to connect with the local nonprofit community
- Invitations to exclusive LBCF events with other fundholders, donors, and nonprofit grantees.
- Fees charged support philanthropic grants and programs in the Long Beach community.
- Receive annual “Goodwill” grant (subject to availability).
- LBCF makes a conscious effort to work with Long Beach-based organizations.
Why open an Agency Fund with LBCF?
- LBCF is National Standards Accredited which indicates a commitment to excellence and accountability. This is the highest standard for philanthropic excellence.
- LBCF staff has vast experience, expertise, and local knowledge of charitable giving and the needs of the Long Beach community.
- Personalized service – we are reachable in person or by phone to answer any of your charitable giving questions.
- Double Impact –modest fees charged by LBCF help support philanthropic grants and programs which help the Long Beach community.
Like to learn more?
Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 562 435-9033 with questions.