DEADLINE: All applications must be submitted online and received in the LBCF office before 5 PM on Thursday, April 30, 2020.
A complete application will include:
- Don Knabe Safe Surrender Scholarship application form,
- Two written response essay questions (max of 300 words each),
- A high school transcript, college transcript, or General Education Development (GED) certificate with test scores,
- A Los Angeles County Safe Surrender “Letter of Eligibility Verification” from the Department of Children and Family Services. (Please contact us at 562-435-9033 or at email@example.com if you do not have a copy of this letter),
- An educational letter of recommendation (optional but recommended),
- A personal letter of recommendation (optional but recommended).
Please complete all applicable fields.
If you have any restrictions that prevent submission in the above format, please contact the LBCF at (562) 435-9033 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CRITERIA: All applicants must be children who were adopted through the Los Angeles County Safe Surrender Program, are between the ages 17 and 20 at the time of application, and are enrolled or plan to enroll in an accredited educational institution which may include universities, community colleges, trade or vocational schools, etc.
GUIDELINES: Scholarships are awarded annually and will be disbursed in the Fall directly to the student’s school, upon proof of enrollment by the applicant.
AMOUNT: The scholarship award amount may vary between $500 and $5,000. Factors in determining scholarship award amounts include available funds, the number of applications received, the type of school, part- or full-time enrollment, and the quality of the application.
RENEWAL: This scholarship is for the term of one year.