DEADLINE: All applications must be submitted online or received in the LBCF office on or before 5 PM on Thursday, April 30, 2020.
A complete application will include:
- Don Knabe Safe Surrender Scholarship Application Form,
- Two written essay questions,
- High school transcript, college transcript, or General Education Development (GED) Certificate with test scores,
- LA County Safe Surrender “Letter of Eligibility Verification” from the Department of Children and Family Services. (Please contact us at 562-435-9033 if you do not have a copy of this letter),
- Educational letter of recommendation (optional but recommended),
- Personal letter of recommendation (optional but recommended).
The preferred method of submitting your application is by using this online form. Other methods are listed below.
Please complete all applicable fields.
If you are unable to submit the above online form, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a PDF of this application to be emailed to you and filled out electronically. Your completed PDF application can be emailed back to LBCF with all attachments saved in the correct format. If you have any restrictions that prevent submission in the above formats, please contact the LBCF at (562) 435-9033.
CRITERIA: All applicant must be children who were adopted through the Los Angeles County Safe Surrender program and are between the ages 17 and 20 at the time of application who are enrolled or plan to enroll in college (any accredited educational institution which may include universities, community colleges, trade or vocational schools, etc.)
GUIDELINES: Scholarships are awarded annually and will be disbursed in the Fall directly to the student’s school, upon proof of enrollment by the applicant.
AMOUNT: The scholarship award amount may vary between $500 and $5,000. Factors in determining scholarship award amounts include available funds, the number of applications received, the type of school and part- or full-time enrollment, and the quality of the application.
RENEWAL: This scholarship is for the term of one year.