Open a Corporate Giving Fund Held at LBCF
The first step in opening a corporate giving fund is submitting a completed fund agreement. Scroll down to learn more about corporate giving funds or call us at (562) 435-9033 and let’s discuss opening a fund.
Learn More About Corporate Giving Funds
Charitable Giving Funds | Private Foundation Alternative
"With no startup costs, legal fees, or liability, it is the most flexible, hassle-free approach to charitable giving."
~ Marilyn Bohl, Retired IBM Executive and Author
- LBCF manages all or part of your corporate philanthropy program
- Effective and efficient way to give in the community
- Highly personalized and flexible service tailored to your organization’s charitable interests.
- Assistance with grantmaking. When you outsource your grantmaking to our expert staff, we help develop grant criteria and guidelines and an employee contributions committee to review proposals.
- Training for your employee giving committee on how to read and evaluate grant proposals.
- An easy and secure online portal so you can view your fund balance and grantmaking activity 24/7.
- Grants administration and processing. We issue checks in your name and vet your chosen charities.
- Your funds are invested as part of a larger $3 billion portfolio, bringing you economies of scale investment results.
- Ability to have employees add to your fund as part of an employee giving program or during times of disaster.
- Invitations to exclusive Community Foundation events with philanthropists and nonprofits.
- Ability to outsource all or part of your corporate philanthropy program.
- No legal liability. The Community Foundation remains in full compliance with state and federal regulations as they relate to grants and contributions.
- Protective oversight of your fund provided on a local and national level.
- Name your corporate advised fund and issue grants in the company’s name or anonymously.
- Maximum allowable tax advantages for donations.
- Ability to accept a wide range of irrevocable charitable donations including cash, appreciated stock, real estate, and other assets.
- No federal excise tax on the investment income, like with a private foundation.
- No minimum annual payout requirement, unlike a private foundation.
- No separate tax return, unlike a private foundation.
Complete Fund Agreement
Submit a completed fund agreement or request a fund agreement for electronic signature at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in a corporate giving fund held at the Long Beach Community Foundation. If you are ready to open a fund or need more information, fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you.